Aug 25, 2008

My student life at QBS

After graduating from Kyushu University, Japan in 2000, I have always had this dream of pursuing my studies to greater heights. But all along the way, it was I who gave too many excuses to myself. Only 6 years later, I finally succeeded on getting myself out of the comfort zone.

So April 2006, marked a new start for me as an MBA(Business & Technology Management) student of Kyushu University Business School. I pledged to myself that I will not waste the precious 2 years although had to juggle my time being a "single mom" and a student. And the hardest thing was being away from the second child (only 5 months at that time). I did everything to ensure myself stayed focused and my spirits on.

I was assigned under Prof. Noriyuki Shutto, who is at the same time an executive advisor of Japanese advertising giant, Dentsu Inc. Prof. Shutto had lived in Indonesia and Malaysia so he can speak Indonesian. Every time I arrived to the his marketing class he would greet me,"Hi Shaz, apa khabar?". At times we shared some secret stories in front of other Japanese. He is very friendly and understanding. Once I could not find a babysitter for my daughter for my Saturday class and had to bring her along. He did not mind at all and later in the final sem, he let her play in his office while we had discussion on my thesis. He also introduced me to a consultancy company,Deloitte-Touche Tohmatsu where I did my internship in summer. I really owed him a lot.
The following diary will be about my activities in QBS and Fukuoka. Till then, I will have to stick to my housechores routine.




No comments:

My Cat's Video