Aug 22, 2008

Is there any service such as this?

A couple of days ago, I made a purchase through Yahoo! auction.
The payment was made through internet bank transfer but at the end of the process something was wrong. It got stuck.

A few hours later, my husband called me telling that the bank called him informing that the transfer was unsuccessful, and that the bank will call me soon. A few minutes later the bank called and the staff apologized for the inconvenience. He said when the system is corrected he will contact me so that I can redo the payment process.

A few hours later the door bell rang. The person introduced himself as a bank staff and informed me that the central bank asked him to come and renew my husband's passbook. I felt suspicious because the bank did not contact me or my husband beforehand. I politely refused.

The next day, the bank (call center) called me again telling that the staff will come very soon to collect the passbook. I asked him to postpone the time to later in the afternoon. Quickly I called the bank on to verify whether they offer such service as this. The phone was passed to the staff I talked yesterday on Yahoo payment transaction. He explained that he was the one who asked Furukawa branch to come and renew the passbook as a service to compensate on the payment failure and he apologized for the miscommunication. They do not do such service usually but this time is special.Only this time that I trusted him.

In the afternoon, the staff came collected the passbook and 2 hours later he returned with a new passbook.

To be honest, I am thankful that the passbook is renewed but such service really, rea~lly made me anxious...

No comments:

My Cat's Video