Jan 21, 2009

To Japan Again-Putting All Hopes on AirAsia X

Tomorrow my husband will be going to Japan to sit for Ginou Kentei Shiken. It is a national examination to test engineers on the field they specialize in. That means my husband will be returning to Kitahara, in Furukawa where we lived before. I really wanted to join him but the skyrocketing Japanese yen value has made me keep that to myself.

Perhap it is too early for me to return to Japan.

Last week, I read on the newspaper that AirAsia X is flying to Japan by end of this year after the relaxation of visa requirement to enter Japan for Malaysians. To 3 places-Hokkaido, Osaka and Fukuoka. Actually AirAsia X has been eyeing to penetrate Japan market since 2 years ago, when I was still in Japan.


Since their main target was to bring Malaysians to Japan and not really vice versa, the strict visa requirement has made the plan postponed.

Now that Tokyo has relaxed the requirement, thanks to the strong negotiation by AirAsia X, I really hope they can start flying soon, because I will be the person taking the first flight to Fukuoka!

To my husband, good luck on bringing the durians to its fans in Furukawa and of course...the exam!


3 comments:

Najib Azmi said...

wow! people eat durians in furukawa?? or you mean malaysians in who are living there?

Shaz said...

We were the only Malaysians living there. It was the Japanese who really like durians; they were ex-expats who used to live in Malaysia.
Btw, yesterday my husband called and told me that he managed to get the durians distributed- and made the 2.5hour long journey by shinkansen from Tokyo to Furukawa filled with the pungent smell!

Najib Azmi said...

epic! i wonder how the other ppl in the shinkansen felt about the smell of durians along the way. hehe

My Cat's Video