Sep 5, 2008

QBS Life: QBS classes




It has been a while since I last wrote. There is some job I have to do, deadline next week. So for now I will just jot down simple but memorable stories of QBS. One of it is the QBS class. QBS classes are at night to cater working adults. The classes started at 6.20~9:30 pm with 10 mins break in the middle (already changed in previous sem). Nearly half of our lecturers have responsibility in giant companies, and they sit top positions. We also have lecturers invited from other organizations and overseas universities, during summer hols. I took up one class called "Asia Business Management" and the prof. (Prof. Zhao, pic mid->don't mind about me in the pic ,ok..not my latest size) was from Beijing. From the lecture I learnt that making business with Chinese in a sense is no different from the Japanese; "relationship" is heavily required. You have to get yourself into the circle and once you are there, it is easier to do business with them. And to do that you will have to understand their culture, language and etiquitte. I experienced more of this during my visit to Nanjing, China which story I will write later.

We in QBS are like a family. We helped each other and the lecturers also helped us a lot. There was a time when Nani had a high fever, her temperature was 40℃ for 5 consecutive days and everyone was so worried about that. I merely had sleep that in the International Business class I went to the lecturer to ask questions, but I couldn't say it. In Intellectual Property class, I missed the last class because of this and a classmate helped explain the requirements for the final report. I did exactly like what he said and I was praised sky high by the lecturer, saying that the report was one of the best in the class! Arita-san, I owe you one!

MBA classes are very interesting for me because we can say almost anything. The students also evaluate the performance of the lecturers and the management of QBS itself at the end of each semester. I remember once in Organizational Behaviour I asked the lecturer this question, "Do Japanese think that a person who quits a job an works somewhere else a traitor?".Even the lecturer was shocked to hear it, but I think that was a question I really wanted to ask a Japanese...heheh, I did get an answer for it of both Yes and No sides.
I also like writing reports for the class, because we are given freedom to choose anything we want to write about an addressed issue. For the accounting final report, we were asked to evaluate financial performance of 2 companies we like, and I chose the company I worked for previously and its competitor. Man..that report cost me more than 40 pages to finish but I really satisfied with it.

I really missed the days in QBS. I wished I could turn back time. The only thing I hate about it was that I had to be away from the family, that's all.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam sis,
saya su.. now in aussie..
just dropping by at ur page.. =)
nice blog anyway.
erm.. just want to ask u a favour.. my fren akan ke hokkaido raya ni, and dia ada masalah sikit nak minta tolong any malaysian kat sana. Sis ada kenal sapa2 tak yang bleh tolong? saya akan elaborate lebih lanjut, but saya tak tahu mcm mana nak get in touch with u. Sbb tu leave a message here. If sis bleh share any info, could u please response at su_faliqadeeba@yahoo.com either by email or YM. Thank u very much for ur help!!

Shaz said...

Waalaikumsalam Su,

Thanks for dropping by.
Got your message and see what I can help you/your friend. But I need to go out now so I'll come back to you later,ok?

Shaz

My Cat's Video